Translate Any List of Words Instantly in Google Sheets
More than a great tool for foreign language teachers, it’s a must-have resource for nearly all educators, especially since most of us teach ELL, ESL, ESOL students. Enter words in one column and use a simple formula to translate them to a different language in another column. It will even use the correct letters when translating to languages with different alphabets.
How To Translate a Word
- Select the cell where you want the word to appear.
- Type the following formula:
- =googletranslate(original word location,”original language code”,”translated language code”)
Translate an Entire Column
Thankfully you don’t need to type the formula for each row.
- Select the cell that contains your formula.
- Click and drag the blue box (“fill handle”) in the bottom right corner of the cell.
- Continue dragging the fill handle down to all rows you want to be translated.
Translate into over 100 Languages
You can find the codes for all languages supported by Google Translate in this list: https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/languages
Don't Miss a Pick - Follow Us